If You Want to Sleep Better
- Listen to this podcast to help you fall and stay asleep.
- Do a few yoga poses to relax your body, focus on your breathing, and decompress before an evening of restful snoozing.
- Take a hot bath or shower before bed to regulate your body temperature and tell your brain that it’s time to sleep.
- If you can’t put down your phone before bed, turn it to Night Shift mode to avoid having your screen throw off your circadian rhythms.
- Implement a bedtime routine that will help you wrap up loose ends, wind down, and sleep better.
If You Want to Plan Ahead
- Before you head to bed, make sure you do these five things to avoid that dreaded morning scramble.
2. Creating your schedule for the day? Try planning it backward.
3. Set a theme for each day of the workweek to keep your productive momentum high.
4. Have a vacation coming up? Create a reverse countdown and use this worksheet to make sure you cover all of your bases before you leave.
If You Want to Reduce Stress
- Label optional events on your calendar so you can quickly see what needs to get done on your busy days—and what can be skipped.
- Do a repetitive task. As strange as it sounds, it can help to lower your stress levels.
- When things get overwhelming in the office, try one of these 12 simple tricks to take some time out and inject a little more happy in your day.
- Go ahead and treat yourself to a fun desk toy that you can play with in those moments of extreme stress.